Classic highlights budget 10 nights 3 star hotels
Explore the beauty of Nile valley and visit the famouse monuments of Luxor & Aswan like Philea, Karnak temples and Valley of the Kings
Day 1: Arrival at Cairo airport & transfer to check-in in your hotel in Cairo
Day 2:Excursion to Egyptian Museum and great Pyramids of Giza
Day 3: Excursion to Sakkara monuments and the citadel of Saladin
Day 4: Excursion to old Cairo (Coptic area). At the evening you get your sleeping train trip to Aswan (13 hours)
Day 5: Upon arrival to Aswan train station you will be transferred to check-in in your hotel.
Afternoon optional felucca (Sailing boat) excursion to Kitchener island (Botanical garden)
Day 6: Excursion to high dam, Philea temple (Isis) and unfinished obelisk in Aswan
Day 7:Optional excursion to Abu Simbel temple.
Day 8: Bus driving to Luxor
Day 9:Excursion to Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut temple and Memnoun Colossus in Luxor
Day 10: Excursion to Karnak & Luxor temple.
Day 11: Check-out from your hotel and transfer to Luxor airport or your next destination
Duration10 Nights / 11 Days
RouteCairo > Aswan > Luxor
Day 1 – Arrival to Cairo
- You land in Cairo international airport to be welcomed by our representative who will provide the Egyptian visa (if included) and assist you through the customs. Then you will be transferred to check-in your hotel. The rest of the day is free for relaxing
- Overnight in Cairo Hotel on BB basis
Day 2 – Treasure of Egyptian museum & great Pyramids
- Around 9:00 am you join your tour guide to visit the great pharaonic treasure in the Egyptian museum where you can get a detailed overview of ancient Egyptian history, religion, art and life starting for 5000 BC until the Roman period. Also you will be amazed by exploring the richest archeological discovery of the treasure of king Tut Ankh Amoun (3350 years old) or the royal mummies of the famous pharaohs (extra ticket). Before going further with your excursion, lunch break might be available in one of Cairo best restaurants.
- After lunch break you drive to the highlight of your tour and the oldest tourist attraction. When you reach the plateau of Giza you would not believe your eyes when watching the only ancient world wonder left on earth. When walking around the giant Pyramids of Giza (4500 years old) you should touch their rocks to feel strength of the workers who moved such huge rocks from allover Egypt to create these royal tombs. On foot or by bus you will reach the exit of the area where you can come very closed to the great sphinx the aged guard of the pyramids
- Overnight in Cairo hotel on BB basis
Day 3 – Oldest Pyramid & great citadel
- Around 8:00 am you join your tour guide for one hour driving through the countryside of Cairo and then to the great north African desert (Sahara) where you start your excursion by visiting the oldest pyramid and the first rock contracture in Egypt. The step pyramid of Kind Djoser surrounded by its great complex (4700 years old) is the most important monument in the desert in Sakkara. But Sakkara is a very rich sight, that is why do not forget to visit one or more of its famous tombs like Ti, Meriroka, Kagemni or Petah Hotep where you see a documentary film over ancient Egyptian daily life by watching the original painted relief covering tombs walls. Before going further with your excursion you might stop in one of the garden restaurant of sakkara to have lunch there.
- After the lunch break you drive to the citadel of Saladin (11th century) where you can visit the most famous mosque in Egypt, Mohamed Ali mosque (Alabaster mosque) (19th century) and also the mamlouk's mosque of Qalaoun (13th century) where you learn a lot about Islam from your guide. Before leaving the citadel do not forget to enjoy an unforgettable view over crowded Cairo.
- Overnight in Cairo hotel on BB basis
Day 4 – Explore Crowded Cairo
- In the afternoon you have the chance (Optional) to visit the highest plateau near Cairo, Moqatam where you can have a different view over Cairo before driving to the rock cut monastery of St. Simon (35 years old) where you can be sure that the poor people are still able to create many wonders. The many churches of the monastery were cut as huge caves in the bottom of the mount where some of these caves would fit easily for 8000 people to set there. You also can visit many other modern monuments of Cairo like unknown soldier, Sadat sight, where the former president of Egypt was assassinated, Cairo Tower, the highest building in Cairo, Modern opera house, Kaser El Nil bridge first bridge over the Nile in Africa and many different stiles of Cairo buildings from the last 70 years
- Around 7:00 pm you will be transferred to Giza train station to catch your sleeping train for about 13 hours (Overnight) trip toward the South until reaching Aswan.
Day 5 - Arrival to Nubian capital
- You arrive to Aswan train station around 9:00 am to be picked up by our local agent rep. to check-in your hotel in Aswan for a free relaxing day. - In the afternoon you may join an Optional Felucca (traditional sailing boat) tour to the most beautiful sights on Egyptian Nile. You will be able to wonder around the peaceful islands like Kitchner Island, the botanical garden of Aswan which was created by the British officer "lord Kitchner" as a sight for many African trees. Also you can sail to Elphantine Island which was the ancient capital of Aswan and where you can wonder in the narrow streets of the Nubian village there to get in true touch with the daily life of this culture. - Overnight in Aswan hotel on BB basis
- Overnight on Nile cruise on FB basis
Day 6 - Aswan highlights
- Around 9:00 am you join your guide to visit the highlights of Aswan city. You start with the great modern wonder of Egypt. The high dam (since 1971) was built in 10 years and used for the first time in 1971. You will be able to stand on the top of it where you can compare the big deference of water levels at the front and back of the dam. Then you drive to Philea island where you visit the temple of Isis. You will get your first look at the temple out of your motor boat. On the philea island you will be amazed once by the fine beautiful relief of the temple and its stories and once by the marvelous nature surrounding. On your way back to hotel you will also visit the ancient quarry where you could learn how did the ancient Egyptian cut and move the heavy stones of many monuments. The broken unfinished obelisk lying there weighs 1168 tons and was supposed to be move 220 km to the north
- The afternoon is free to walk into the local market of Aswan or join the optional City tour excursion to explore the modern attractions of Aswan and end your afternoon at the top of the highest point in Aswan where you can see a spectacular sunset
- Overnight Aswan hotel on BB basis
Day 7 - Great temple of Abu Simbel
- Today is a free day to relaxing or you can join the optional excursion to one of the most important monuments of Egypt. The great rock-cut temple of Abu Simbel. The 2 temples of Ramses II and his wife queen Nefertari were cut inside the sandstone mountain at the edge of the Nile river and dedicated to the god Ra-hor-akhti and goddess Hathor. The 4 giant colossus of Ramses II (20 meter high) forming the façade of the large temple and the statues of Ramses II and his wife forming the façade of the small temple. The temples of Abu Simbel are absolutely a must-visit sight.
- Afternoon today is free
- Overnight Aswan hotel on BB basis
Day 8 - Drive to Luxor
- After having your breakfast you check-out and drive for about 3.5 hours toward Luxor, the capital of the ancient history. During your drive you might stop to visit many monuments like Kom Ombo or Edfu temples. Or you can just enjoy watching the countryside of the small villages on your way
- Overnight in Luxor hotel on BB basis
Day 9 - Mystery of the West bank
- Around 6:00 am you join your tour guide to visit some of the mistrial monuments of the Luxor Nile west bank. You start your excursion by visiting the highlight of Luxor. The valley of the Kings (between 1600 and 950 B.C.) was the secret and sacred sight where the ancient Egyptian pharaohs of the new kingdom period were buried. The originally painted tombs were cut in the bottom of the mount and beautifully painted with many afterlife subjects. After the royal valley you drive to the next sight where you can visit the funeral temple of the most famous female pharaoh, queen Hatshepsut (3500 years old). The unique Architecture of the terrace temple will keep its picture in your mind for ever. On your way back to the Nile cruise you should stop to visit the colossus of Memenoun (3400 years old). The two huge statues of Amenhotep III were guarding his great temple which was demolished by the thousands of years.
- In the afternoon you you may join an unique excursion by horse-carraige (Optional) where you explore the countryside and the local market of Luxor
- Overnight in Luxot hotel on BB basis
Day 10 - Labyrinth of Karnak
- Around 9:00 am you join your guide to visit the 2 temples of the East Bank of Luxor. Karank temple (Since 4000 years) is known as the largest religious contracture ever built on earth. The temple was used and constructed since middle kingdom period until the end of new kingdom (Around 2000 years ago) that is why it is seen as the open book of this period. All the pharaohs of the same period left their names there. You can spend a complete day exploring all Labyrinth of Karnak but you have to save also time to visit the temple of Luxor which was connected to Karnak temple by 3 km sphinx way. Luxor temple was also dedicated to the same principal god of ancient Egypt, Amoun Raa and it is famous with its obelisk and huge statuses.
- The afternoon is free for relaxing or join the optional excursion by the traditional Felucca (Sailing boat) to Banana island around sunset time or join the optional excursion to visit Karank temple once again but in a completely different atmosphere during Sound and Light Show
- Overnight in Luxor hotel on BB basis
Day 11 - Guest comes & friend leaves
- After breakfast you check-out your hotel and go further to the next destination on your tour or be transferred to Luxor airport for the final departure flight back to home.
• All included sightseeing excursions with a licensed English speaking guide (Egyptologist), air-conditioned transport and monuments main entrance fees.
• All airport transfers and ground transportation as stated in the program itinerary.
• 03 nights in 3 star hotel in Cairo including breakfast (Bed & Breakfast).
• 01 night sleeping train trip from Cairo to Aswan including dinner & breakfast (Half Board).
• 03 nights in 3 star hotel in Aswan including breakfast (Bed & Breakfast).
• 03 nights in 3 star hotel in Luxor including breakfast (Bed & Breakfast).
• Egypt entry visa and airport taxes
• Any optional excursions (Like excursion to Abu Simbel temple)
• Any departure taxes
• Additional Entrance fees for specific monuments such as Tutankhamen or Nefertari Tombs in Luxor.
• Tipping for the whole trip
• Personal expenses such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
• You can join this tour with "Relax at Red Sea" trip Nr.
• Program day-by-day itinerary can be switched according to the updated local situation and needs
This trip includes 3 nights in 3 star hotel in Cairo, 1 night in sleeping train from Cairo to Aswan, 3 nights in 3 star hotel in Aswan and 3 nights in 3 star hotel in Luxor
In this trip you have 10 breakfast and 1 dinner included
According to program itinerary you use Sleeping train, air-conditioned bus and small motor boat
he entrance fees for below listed monuments are included in trip price:
. Egyptian Museum - Giza Pyramids - Sakkara Monuments - Citadel of Saladin - Coptic area
- Luxor temple - Karnak temple - Valley of the Kings - Hatshepsut temple - Memnon Clossus
- Philea temple - High dam - unfinisghed obelisk.
We believe that tour guide can make it or break it. For us, he is the real director of an unforgettable vacation. That is why; we have 3 important conditions when selecting our local tour guide. First he has to be officially licensed tour guide which it means, he had studied history and guiding and was governmentally permitted to join and give information to travellers into his country.
Second condition, he has to have a minimum of 10 years experience. Third, his foreign language has to be perfect in speaking, reading and writing. Our tour guides will provide historical and practical information on all places you are travelling through, answer all your questions regarding culture, religion and social aspects, offer suggestions for things to do and see, recommend great local eating places and introduce you to our local friends.